97.519 Coordinating examination sessions
(a) A VEC must coordinate the efforts of VEs in preparing and administering examinations.
(b) At the completion of each examination session, the coordinating VEC must collect applicant information and test results from the administering VEs. The coordinating VEC must:
(1) Screen collected information;
(2) Resolve all discrepancies and verify that the VE’s certifications are properly completed; and
(3) For qualified examinees, forward electronically all required data to the FCC. All data forwarded must be retained for at least 15 months and must be made available to the FCC upon request.
(c) Each VEC must make any examination records available to the FCC, upon request
(d) The FCC may:
(1) Administer any examination element itself;
(2) Readminister any examination element previously administered by VEs, either itself or under the supervision of a VEC or VEs designated by the FCC; or
(3) Cancel the operator/primary station license of any licensee who fails to appear for readministration of an examination when directed by the FCC, or who does not successfully complete any required element that is readministered. In an instancce of such cancellation, the person will be granted an operator/primary station license consistent with completed examination elements that have not been invalidated by not appearing for, or by failing, the examination upon readministration.
[54 FR 25857, June 20, 1989, as amended at 59 FR 54835, Nov. 2, 1994; 62 FR 17567, Apr. 10, 1997; 63 FR 68981, Dec. 14, 1998; 71 FR 66465, Nov. 15, 2006]